Airstrip is a map included in the multiplayer component of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Airstrip is a two-part map that begins as a plane is taxiing down a runway, and then later moves on to an aircraft hanger.
Airstrip is a two-part map; one that changes its location and map layout during an online match. The first part of a match takes place as a large cargo plane is beginning its taxi down a runway, while being chased by a number of trucks. The map gives the player the ability to jump between the trucks, and also from the trucks to the cargo plane.
After the cargo plane has taken off, the second part of the match begins. This second part is set in an aircraft hangar area, which allows for a much more conventional game to be played. During this second half of gameplay, fighter planes ascend on the hangar, killing any players that wander into the planes' gunfire.
- Mk-NDI grenades are scattered throughout the map.
- A Riot Shield can be found near where the heroes initially spawn, in a blue container that reads "CNO-MA" down the side.
- An SAS-12 shotgun is located in the office that overlooks the lower roof on the main building.
- A T-Bolt Sniper is found on the scaffolding at the rear of the unfinished building to one side of the map.
- A Pistole is located on the desk in the small office on the ground floor of the main building.
 Behind the scenes
The innovative two-part map feature seen in Airstrip is a first in the multiplayer modes of the Uncharted series, and Airstrip was one of the first maps revealed by Naughty Dog as being included in the multiplayer component of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Along with Chateau and Yemen, Airstrip was one of three maps included in the beta phase of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer.