As Above, So Below
|As Above, So Below|
The location of Iram of the Pillars is revealed.
|Game||Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception|
|Preceded by||Historical Research|
As Above, So Below is the eleventh chapter of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The chapter follows treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake, antique-dealer Victor "Sully" Sullivan and journalist Elena Fisher as they make their way through an underground system of puzzles that will eventually give them the location of the lost city Iram of the Pillars.
After locating a well in a Yemeni city that will give them the coordinates to the lost city Iram of the Pillars, Nathan "Nate" Drake, antique-dealer Victor "Sully" Sullivan and journalist Elena Fisher make their way down the well to an elaborate system of underground puzzles. After solving the first puzzle by successfully pulling on levers at the same time, they advance into the next area. Here, Nate must complete two puzzles in order to advance further: on one of them Nate must connect a series of cogs in order to turn a large wheel, while on the other he must place a beacon of light in the correct place as to complete a mural on the wall. After completing both of these puzzles, the entrance to the final room is opened. In the room, Nate, Sully and Elena find a brazier that when lit with a torch, projects a map of the stars that reveals the location of Iram.
Not wanting to note the location down, Nate asks Sully to remember it. Shortly after this, Elena draws Nate and Sully's attention to a noise that turns out to be the spiders previously encountered in France and Syria. The spiders are much more aggressive this time, and Nate must use a Sawed-Off Shotgun to repel them as Sully and Elena attempt to open the exiting door. After escaping from the spiders, Nate, Sully and Elena find themselves in a room where messages were written by Nate's supposed ancestor, the legendary explorer Sir Francis Drake, 400 years earlier. Nate and his companions take a few moments to read the messages, before continuing on through the underground system. However, before they are able to climb back up the well they are attacked by Marlowe's agents.
After defeating the agents, Nate, Sully and Elena make their way back up to street level, although they are forced to leave behind their weapons. Back on the streets of the Yemeni city, Nate is hit in the neck with a dart containing a hallucinogenic agent. Nate pushes away Sully and Elena as they try to help him, before running through the Yemeni streets while hallucinating. After a while, Nate passes out, and when he wakes up he is in the company of Katherine Marlowe, Talbot and the pirate captain Rameses. Marlowe spends a few moments revealing how much she knows about Nate, before Talbot informs her that her men have located Sully. Marlowe tells Nate that now serves no purpose and Rameses takes hold of Nate's shoulders. However, Nate jumps up from the table and chases Talbot through the Yemeni streets. After a prolonged chase Nate catches up to Talbot and engages him in a fistfight. However, as Nate takes advantage of the fight he is knocked unconscious as Rameses hits him from behind with a piece of wood. When Nate comes to, he find himself on a ship with Rameses and his Indian Ocean pirates. Rameses explains that he has spared Nate's life, and asks for the location of Iram in return. When Nate says he doesn't know, Rameses leaves, ordering his pirates to torture Nate.
As Above, So Below features nine Treasures:
- The Silver and Coral Ring is on the outside edge of the bottom of the well.
- The Silver and Leather Dagger is along the left-hand side of the hallway after Nathan "Nate" Drake and his companions solve the first puzzle.
- The Pearl and Emerald Brooch is in the room featuring the cog and wheel puzzle.
- The Silver Box Pendant is next to the stairs in the room featuring the mural and floating body parts puzzle.
- The Silver Filigree Bracelet is on the roof in the mural and body parts puzzle room.
- The Amazonite and Amber Necklace is down an alley on the right-hand side immediately after Nate and his companions leave the well.
- The Silver Capsule Pendant is on the right-hand side of the fountain in the Yemeni square.
- The Amazonite and Amber Earring is on the left-hand side of the fountain in the square.
- The Silver Yemeni Bangle is in the area where Nate loses Talbot during the chase sequence.
 Behind the scenes
As Above, So Below is the eleventh chapter of the 2011 video game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, featuring the first appearances of Rameses and the Indian Ocean pirates in the Uncharted series, and sharing its name with a track on the official soundtrack of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The Yemeni city seen in this chapter also serves as the inspiration for the Yemen map in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Uncharted 3 Walkthrough: Chapter 11 (Part 11/22)" on YouTube
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 "Uncharted 3 Treasure Locations: Chapter 11" on YouTube
- ↑ "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Track Listings" on Amazon