Chateau, which is based on the area of France explored in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, takes place in a French setting. A large chateau acts as the focal point of the map, with the building offering many opportunities for close quarters combat. There are grassy courtyards on either side of the chateau, with mounted turret guns overlooking both of these courtyards. During online matches, the chateau is set alight and begins burning. Following this, the roof of the building collapses, killing anyone who is situated beneath the area of the roof that collapses.
- Mk-NDI grenades can be found scattered across the map.
- An M32-Hammer is found in the fountain in one of the courtyard that has two trucks parked in it.
- A Pistole is located in the room on the ground floor of the chateau that the roof collapses into.
- A PAK-80 is found on the staircase that connects one of the courtyards to the first floor of the chateau.
- A Mag 5 is located in the central room on the first floor of the chateau.
- A T-Bolt Sniper can be found leaning against the wall along the long corridor on the first floor of the chateau.
 Behind the scenes
The use of ziplines, as first seen in Chateau, is a first in the multiplayer modes of the Uncharted series. Chateau was one of the first maps revealed by Naughty Dog as being included in the multiplayer component of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, as along with Airstrip and Yemen, Chateau was one of three maps included in the beta phase of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer.