Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
|Cruisin' for a Bruisin'|
Nathan Drake on board Rameses' cruise ship.
|Game||Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception|
|Preceded by||Rough Seas|
|Succeeded by||Sink or Swim|
Cruisin' for a Bruisin' is the fourteenth chapter of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The chapter follows treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake as he battles his way through a number of Indian Ocean pirates on pirate captain Rameses' cruise ship in order to locate his friend, antique-dealer Victor "Sully" Sullivan.
After making his way onto pirate captain Rameses' cruise ship, treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake must make his way to the cruise ship's cargo hold, where Nate believes Rameses and his Indian Ocean pirates are holding his friend, antique-dealer Victor "Sully" Sullivan. Nate makes his way along the cruise ship, and after almost falling into the ocean while using a lifeboat as a ladder, comes to the first of the pirates. Nate defeats several pirates stealthily, before coming to a large area filled with containers. Here, Nate defeats a number of pirates in a gunfight, including the PAK-80-wielding Brute. After defeating these enemies, Nate makes his way past the ship's pool and comes to a large ballroom.
In the large ballroom, Nate must battle a number of pirates. After defeating them, several additional pirates burst through a door into the ballroom and attempt to ambush Nate. However, Nate defeats these pirates, before going on to stealthily defeat several more agents on sentry duty. After this, Nate descends a staircase and comes to the cargo hold. Nate spots a figure with a bag over his head tied to a chair; however, when he makes his way over to the figure it becomes apparent that it is not Sully, with the bag having fooled Nate. Rameses then appears with his pirates, and Nate surrenders as one pirate prepares to tie him up. However, Nate head butts the pirate and takes an Mk-NDI grenade from him, before throwing the grenade onto the other side of the cargo hold. Nate shoots Rameses, wounding him, before the grenade explodes and causes water to begin flooding the cargo hold.
Cruisin' for a Bruisin' features nine Treasures:
- The Unusual Mask Brooch is on the left-hand side of the first walkway Nathan "Nate" Drake walks down on Rameses' cruise ship.
- The Rose Cut Diamond Pendant is on the left-hand side of the rear of the lower level of the boat.
- The Emerald and Pearl Necklace is on top of a container on the right-hand side in the area where Nate battles a number of Indian Ocean pirates, including Brute.
- The Antique Minerva Pendant is on the left-hand side of the area featuring the swimming pool.
- The Ruby and Pearl Pendant is on the right-hand side after Nate leaves the ballroom where he battles a number of pirates.
- The Georgian English Compass is on the walkway beyond where Nate stealthily defeats a pirate after the ballroom battle.
- The Ruby and Diamond Bracelet is behind the bar where Nate defeats a pirate on sentry duty.
- The Amethyst Cufflink is found below the staircase Nate descends near the end of the chapter.
- The Golden Amethyst Ring is on the left-hand side of the platform before Nate drops down into the ship's cargo hold.
 Behind the scenes
Cruisin' for a Bruisin' is the fourteenth chapter of the 2011 video game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, sharing its name with a track on the official soundtrack of the game. Gameplay footage from Cruisin' for a Bruisin' was seen long before Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception was released, as it was featured at the 2011 E3 conference.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Uncharted 3 Walkthrough: Chapter 14 (Part 14/22)" on YouTube
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 "Uncharted 3 Treasure Locations: Chapter 14" on YouTube
- ↑ "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Track Listings" on Amazon
- ↑ "E3 2011: Uncharted 3 'Cruise ship' video rocks your socks" on ComputerAndVideoGames.com