Dragon Sniper in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
|Appearances|| Uncharted: Drake's Fortune |
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
|Weapon class||Sniper rifle|
|Maximum ammo||10 rounds|
|Magazine capacity||5 rounds|
The Dragon Sniper is a weapon featured in the Uncharted series. The Dragon Sniper appears in all Uncharted video games, and serves as the primary sniper rifle in the series.
As the name suggests, the Dragon Sniper is a sniper rifle. Therefore, it is a very accurate and powerful weapon. However, it is hindered somewhat by slow reload times. Using this weapon usually guarantees the player one-shot defeats of opponents, unless facing a heavily-armed enemy.
The Dragon Sniper first appears in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It is rarely encountered in the game, but when it is encountered, it is usually being used by Atoq Navarro's mercenaries. The weapon returns in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, being somewhat more common. In Among Thieves, the gun is mostly used by Zoran Lazarević's soldiers - namely Lovac.
The Dragon Sniper returns in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and gameplay demonstration videos have revealed that the weapon will be available in the PlayStation Vita video game Uncharted: Golden Abyss.
 Multiplayer mode locations
 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- In The Sanctuary, it can be found on the central bridge overlooking the courtyard.
- In The Ice Cave, Dragon Snipers can be found near both primary spawn points.
- In The Village, a Dragon Sniper can be found on both of the two towers that overlook the central plaza.
- In The Plaza, one can be found in the bed of the truck that is in front of the damaged building.
- In The Train Wreck, a Dragon Sniper is located outside of the central train car.
- In The Lost City, one is near the bottom of the waterfall, while another is on the grassy shelf near the central structure. Both are behind stone walls.
- A Dragon Sniper is located on the upper level of The Facility.
- In The Flooded Ruins, the weapon is located on the bridge beneath the burning wreckage of the crashed helicopter.
- It can be found in The Museum.
- There are four Dragon Snipers on The Highrise; there is one near each teams' spawn point, one on the water tower and also one on top of one of the buildings.
 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
In the multiplayer component of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, the Dragon Sniper is available as one of six long guns to be used in the player's loadout, along with the AK-47, G-MAL, M9, KAL-7 and FAL-SS.
 Multiplayer modifications
 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
- Call Out costs $7,500 after being unlocked at rank 9.
- Reload Speed can be used at rank 13 and costs $15,000.
- Max Ammo can be used at rank 22 at a cost of $30,000.
- Clip Size is available at rank 30 and costs $60,000.
- Draza's Dragon: Named after Uncharted 2: Among Thieves antagonist Lieutenant Draza, Draza's Dragon has a green camouflage theme and has the Reload Speed and Clip Size modifications enabled. The Gold Death Set Treasure Set must be completed for the weapon to be unlocked.
- Sully's Dragon: Named after Uncharted protagonist Victor "Sully" Sullivan, Sully's Dragon has a blue tribal theme and has the Call Out and Max Ammo modifications equipped. To unlock Sully's Dragon, the Lost Saxingdui Treasure Set must be completed.
 Behind the scenes
The Dragon Sniper seems to be based on the real-life Dragunov sniper rifle, used by military forces around the world.