A game of Elimination in The Sanctuary.
|Objective||Eliminate all players on the opposing team.|
|Score limit||N/A (kill all opposing players)|
|Time limit|| 3 minutes per round,|
Maximum 5 rounds
|Appearances||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves|
Elimination is an online multiplayer gameplay mode that appears in the multiplayer component of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
Elimination takes place over a maximum of five three-minute rounds. Players only spawn at the beginning of a round, and if they are defeated, they do not respawn until the next round. When a team has eliminated all players on the opposing team, they win the round. Alternatively, if the time limit runs out, the team with the most players standing wins the round. If the time limit expires with the same number of players on both teams, the round is declared a draw. The first team to win three of the five rounds are declared the victors.
Elimination first appears in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves multiplayer. Its confirmation in the game would be confirmed when it was included as one of the four gameplay modes available in the public demo of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves multiplayer.
 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
"The Lab" was Naughty Dog's method of introducing new gameplay modes and variants to the multiplayer component of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Through "The Lab", two variants of Elimination were available for short periods of time on the online multiplayer of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. These were:
- Sniper Extermination was the first variant of Elimination available. As the name suggests, it followed the same basis as usual Elimination games, but players were only able to use Dragon Snipers. The variant was available in "The Lab" June 25 , 2010 to June 28, 2010, and took place on four maps: The Sanctuary, The Train Wreck, The Plaza and The Lost City. Sniper Extermination would later return from January 28, 2011 to January 31, 2011, taking place on four maps: The Lost City, The Plaza, The Temple and The Train Wreck.
- 2 vs. 2 Elimination was the second Elimination variant playable on "The Lab". It was the same as the usual Elimination gameplay mode, but teams were reduced to just two players. Furthermore, the number of rounds was reduced to three and all power weapons were removed from maps the variant was available on. This variant was available over the Halloween weekend 2010: from October 29, 2010 to November 1, 2010, and took place on four maps: The Ice Cave, The Plaza, The Temple and The Train Wreck.
- ↑ "Uncharted 2: Multiplayer - Hands On" on Eurogamer
- ↑ "Breaking down the multiplayer in Uncharted 2 on USA Today
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Uncharted 2: Multiplayer Demo Details"
- ↑ "Uncharted 2 “The Lab” Weekend: Sniper Extermination Starts Now!" on PlayStation Blog
- ↑ "The Lab – Sniper Extermination" on Naughty Dog
- ↑ "The Lab <3’s Halloween" on Naughty Dog
Related ThreadsPatch 1.11 - Return of Lab, Elimination mode and more... - last post by @ May 25, 2012
Elimination - last post by @ Oct 4, 2009
Next Uncharted 3 update welcomes The Lab, Elimination mode - last post by @ May 18, 2012