|Greatness from Small Beginnings|
Nathan "Nate" Drake outside the museum.
|Game||Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception|
|Preceded by||Another Round|
|Succeeded by||Second-Story Work|
Greatness from Small Beginnings is the second chapter of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The chapter takes place 20 years prior to the events of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, following a young Nathan "Nate" Drake as he attempts to steal legendary explorer Sir Francis Drake's ring from a Columbian museum.
20 years prior to the events that transpire in London, Nathan "Nate" Drake stands outside a museum in the Columbian city of Cartagena. The museum is holding an exhibit on Nate's ancestor, the legendary explorer Sir Francis Drake. Nate is planning on stealing Drake's ring, believing it to rightly belong to him. Nate locates the display case holding the ring and its accompanying astrolabe, but is unable to unlock it and then spots a man acting suspiciously in the exhibit. Nate watches as the man scratches the display case's lock with a key and then walks away, but as Nate moves towards the case, he is grabbed by a museum security guard and thrown out.
Nate tracks the man through a series of Columbian streets, following him through a marketplace and taking cover when necessary. Eventually, the man comes to a locksmith, who presumably forges a key for access to the display case. The man places the key into his wallet as Nate watches from outside, and Nate then tracks him through more streets. The man then meets up with a woman and the two go for a drink at a roadside bar. Nate takes this as his opportunity to steal the wallet and is able to make his getaway, although the man soon catches up to him. After a conversation where the man states that Nate has potential, Nate is forced to hand the wallet back, although he keeps the key for himself, and some hours later uses it when he breaks into the museum.
Greatness from Small Beginnings features seven Treasures:
- The Emerald and Diamond Ring is in front of the third cannon from the front on the ground-floor "Cannon Recovered from Ocean Floor" exhibit.
- The Antique Coin Purse is on the first floor, at the rear of the alcove to the right of the staircase leading upwards.
- The Antique Colombian Soup Ladle is found immediately after Nathan "Nate" Drake begins following Victor "Sully" Sullivan, in a doorway to the right of the blue car.
- The Pottery Chimú Vessel is found at the start of the marketplace that Nate tracks Sully through, on a stand on the right-hand side that displays many jars.
- The Ancient Chupicuaro Figure is up a small passage on the left-hand side at the end of the market.
- The Shamanistic Jaguar Head is at the end of the long balcony that Nate walks across after witnessing Sully receive a key from the locksmith. 
- The Antique Colombian Table Knife is at the top of the sign for the Hotel Arrecife, from where Nate watches Sully meet up with Katherine Marlowe.
 Behind the scenes
Greatness from Small Beginnings is the second chapter of the 2011 video game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, taking its name from legendary explorer Sir Francis Drake's motto "Sic Pavis Magna", which translates into English as "Greatness from small beginnings".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Uncharted 3 Walkthrough: Chapter 2 (Part 2/22)" on YouTube
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 "Uncharted 3 Treasure Locations: Chapter 2" on YouTube
|Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception|
|Another Round • Greatness from Small Beginnings • Second-Story Work • Run to Ground |
London Underground • The Chateau • Stay in the Light • The Citadel • The Middle Way
Historical Research • As Above, So Below • Abducted • Rough Seas • Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
Sink or Swim • One Shot at This • Stowaway • The Rub' al Khali • The Settlement
Caravan • The Atlantis of the Sands • The Dreamers of the Day