|Heart of Ice|
Nathan Drake and Tenzin escape from the ice caves.
|Game||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves|
Heart of Ice is the eighteenth chapter of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The chapter follows treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake and Tibetan mountaineer Tenzin as they continue their journey through the Himalayan Mountains.
After the events of Mountaineering, Nathan "Nate" Drake and his guide Tenzin find themselves facing a large structure, and they must trigger several components of the structure in order to make it passable.
After passing the structure, Nate and Tenzin come to a room that includes the remains of Karl Schäfer's expedition to find Shambhala and the Cintamani Stone said to be there. By reading Schäfer's journal it becomes apparent to Nate that Schäfer had to kill the men in his expedition as he realised what kind of effect the Stone would have on the world. After this revelation, a number of Guardians disguised as yetis descend on Nate and Tenzin, and the duo must hold them off long enough to be able to ride a stone elevator to safety.
Six Treasures can be found in Heart of Ice:
- The Mandala Thogchag is on the third hanging cylinder Nathan "Nate" Drake climbs across.
- The Dipa Oil Lamp is on a wall near where Nate uses the rope swing among all the large cogs.
- The Tibetan Flint Lighter is on the side of one of the cogs after Nate uses the rope swing.
- The Bronze Dorje is found after Nate rides one cog to the top; it is on a ledge beyond the wooden beams.
- The Tibetan Ceremonial Axe is in the eye of a statue between a cog and the stairs leading up to the upper level.
- The Trigram Thogchag is on top of the statue that comes after Nate and Tenzin jump across a set of elevated stones.
 Behind the scenes
The Ice Cave, a map in the multiplayer component of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, seems to be based on the ice caves featured in both this chapter and chapter 17 of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Mountaineering.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 "Uncharted 2 treasure location guide page 3" (PDF) hosted on Play Magazine online