Nathan Drake overlooks the Yemeni city.
|Game||Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception|
|Preceded by||The Middle Way|
|Succeeded by||As Above, So Below|
Historical Research is the tenth chapter of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The chapter follows treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake, antique-dealer Victor "Sully" Sullivan and journalist Elena Fisher as they make their way through a Yemeni city.
After their exploits in Syria, treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake and antique-dealer Victor "Sully" Sullivan are led into a Yemeni city by journalist Elena Fisher, who is a foreign correspondent working in the country. Several areas of the town are cordoned off by the local police, and as Nate, Sully and Elena make their way around the police blockades, Nate catches sight of their adversary Talbot. Nate stealthily tracks Talbot for a short time, eventually following him into a building. There, Talbot punches Nate and then throws him out of the window into the marketplace. However, in the short confrontation Nate is able to retrieve Charlie Cutter's notebook, which contains clues to the location of the lost city Iram of the Pillars.
In the marketplace, Nate must defeat a number of Marlowe's agents, before he makes a quick exit with Sully and Elena. Elena drags Nate and Sully into a building, which coincidentally contains the well that Nate and Sully were looking for. While Elena questions Nate's motives for wanting to find Iram, Sully acquires weapons for himself and Elena. With Sully and Elena equipped with Sawed-Off Shotguns, the trio make their way into the well.
Historical Research features seven Treasures:
- The Antique Cloak Clasp is in the area at the start of the chapter that comes after the first descending staircase.
- The Silver Jambiya Dagger is in the fountain near the start of the chapter.
- The Golden Yemeni Bracelet is on the left-hand side of the area before Nathan "Nate" Drake climbs up a ladder and enters a hotel.
- The Traditional Silver Bead is on the first floor of the red hotel.
- The Amber and Silver Necklace is in an alcove on the right-hand side after Nate fights Marlowe's agents in the market.
- The Kahraman Amber Necklace is on the right-hand side of the flight of stairs Nate runs down after his fight.
- The Unusual Red Bead Necklace is on a high ledge next to where the Kahraman Amber Necklace is found.
 Behind the scenes
Historical Research is the tenth chapter of the 2011 video game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, with the Yemeni city featured in this chapter serving as the inspiration for the Yemen map in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Uncharted 3 Walkthrough: Chapter 10 (Part 10/22)" on YouTube
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 "Uncharted 3 Treasure Locations: Chapter 10" on YouTube