Nathan Drake with the deceased Karl Schäfer.
|Game||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves|
|Preceded by||The Monastery|
|Succeeded by||The Road to Shambhala|
Reunion is the twenty-third chapter of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The chapter follows treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake and journalist as they continue their journey through the monastery featured in the previous chapter.
Having infiltrated the monastery in the previous chapter, Nathan "Nate" Drake and Elena Fisher must now begin the search for the entrance to the lost city of Shambhala. During their search, the pair come across a severely-injured Karl Schäfer, who has previously been kidnapped by Serbian war criminal Zoran Lazarević in retaliation for Schäfer's possession of the Phurba dagger, the supposed key to Shambhala. Nate and Elena are eager to get Schäfer out of the monastery, but Schäfer is reluctant to leave, and he soon dies in Nate's arms.
Nate and Elena continue on through the monastery, and after fighting their way through several waves of Lazarević's soldiers, they decide to split up. Nate heads into a large tower, where he is reunited with Chloe Frazer, who is now in control of the Phurba. Nate regains the Phurba from her, and then goes on to solve several puzzles that seem to reveal the location of the entrance to Shambhala. With this knowledge, Nate meets up with Elena and the two begin their journey down the road to Shambhala.
There are nine treasures to be found in Reunion:
- The Tibetan Ritual Vase can be found at the top of one of the vertical beams in the room after Nathan "Nate" Drake and Elena Fisher split up.
- The Tibetan Conch Horn is on a rooftop that overlooks the courtyard where Nate must stealthily subdue a number of soldiers.
- The Bronze Oil Lamp can be found on one of the balconies above the square that has a large lion statue in the centre.
- The Ancient Sword Guard is in the damaged building that Nate enters after clearing the above square.
- The Tibetan Coral Earring is on the underside of a ledge Nate drops onto after shimmying along a wall.
- The Tibetan Square Ghau is next to the rooftop Nate gets onto after climbing up a closet.
- The Carved Bone Ornament is in the roof of the building that Nate lands in after using the zipline.
- The Tibetan Hair Ornament is on the top of a statue in the area Nate comes to after using the zipline.
- The Tibetan Mala Beads treasure is found in the area after Nate and Elena open the gate to Shambhala.
 Behind the scenes
The Sanctuary, a map featured in the multiplayer component of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, seems to be based on the monastery seen in this chapter and the previous chapter, The Monastery. Furthermore, The Sanctuary, an option in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves multiplayer Co-op Objective gameplay mode, also seems to be based on the events of the aforementioned two chapters.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 "Uncharted 2 treasure location guide page 4" (PDF) hosted on Play Magazine online
- ↑ "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Original Soundtrack from the Video Game)" on iTunes