The SAS-12 in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
|Appearances|| Uncharted: Drake's Fortune|
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
|Maximum ammo||16 rounds|
|Magazine capacity||8 rounds|
The SAS-12 is a shotgun, and therefore it is most effective in close-quarter combat situations. A powerful weapon, it will often defeat enemies in one shot over short distances. It is much more effective than the other preeminent shotgun in the Uncharted series, the Moss-12, as it has a much higher rate of fire, as well as a longer range and a larger clip size. However, the reload times are longer than that of the Moss-12. The weapon first appears in the first game in the Uncharted series, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, where it usually wielded by Atoq Navarro's mercenaries. The SAS-12 returns in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, being used by Zoran Lazarević's soldiers. In both games, the weapon becomes common in the later chapters, replacing its weaker counterpart, the Moss-12. The SAS-12 also returns in the 2011 video game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
 Multiplayer locations
 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- In The Plaza, it separates the M32-Hammer and the Dragon Sniper. It can be found in the pit inside the central temple.
- In The Highrise, the SAS-12 is found on the middle level of the middle ruined building.
 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
- On Airstrip, an SAS-12 is located in the office that overlooks the lower roof on the main building.
- In Cave, an SAS-12 is found just outside the small building at the bottom of the two flights of stairs.
- In City of Brass, an SAS-12 is on a ledge overlooking the room containing the fountain, directly across from the Mag 5.
- In Fort, an SAS-12 is found on top of the pillar which rises up from the underground section.
- On Highrise, an SAS-12 is on top of the large water tower that is on a roof above where the Heroes initially spawn.
- In Museum, an SAS-12 is found at the rear and centre of the first floor of the museum building.
- In Oasis, an SAS-12 is one of the weapons that can be dropped by the passing cargo planes; it can be found next to the container that lands on the high ledge that overlooks the rest of the map.
- In Old Quarter, an SAS-12 can be found where the two wooden staircases lead down from the red corridor.
- On Plaza, an SAS-12 can be found in the pit in the central temple.
- In Sanctuary, an SAS-12 is found in the underground section on the central ledge above the central hole of the map.
- In Temple, an SAS-12 is found on the table in the centre of the highest room.
- On Train Wreck, an SAS-12 is found inside the elevated train car.
 Behind the scenes
The SAS-12 seems to be based somewhat on the real-life Franchi SAS-12 shotgun, which itself is a variation of the well-known SPAS-12 shotgun. The "12" in the weapon's title refers to "12 gauge", the diameter of the gun's barrel.