Syria is a map that takes place at night in a partially-destoryed enviroment. At the centre of the map is a structure with two levels, which is a hotbed for close quarters combat. There are bridges that lead out from the central structure to ledges that run along the perimeter of the map. Certain ledges are high up, providing vantage points and possible sniping positions for players. During online matches, a helicopter flies across the map and attacks any visible players.
- Mk-NDI grenades are scattered throughout the map.
- There are two T-Bolt Snipers on the map. One is on the high ledge that overlooks the rest of the map, while the other is on the small ledge that is to the right of where the Heroes initially spawn.
- A Sawed-Off Shotgun is found on a ledge in the alcove that contains a statue of a knight.
- An RPG-7 is found on the first floor of the map's central structure.
- Two Riot Shields can be found on the map. The first is below the bridge near where the Heroes initially spawn that leads to the central building, while another is leaning against a wall across from the map's central structure.
 Behind the scenes
Syria first appears as a multiplayer map in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and made its first appearance during the multiplayer early access promotion held by restaurant franchise Subway. The map is based on the Syrian fortress that is seen in the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception chapters The Citadel and The Middle Way.