The Atlantis of the Sands
|The Atlantis of the Sands|
Victor Sullivan after being shot by Talbot.
|Game||Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception|
|Succeeded by||The Dreamers of the Day|
The Atlantis of the Sands is the twenty-first chapter of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The chapter follows treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake and antique-dealer Victor "Sully" Sullivan after they enter the lost city Iram of the Pillars.
Treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake and antique-dealer have entered the lost city Iram of the Pillars after solving a puzzle involving two large statues. Shortly after entering Iram, Nate and Sully come to a water fountain, which Nate drinks from. As Nate and Sully watch a solar eclipse, Sully is shot in the back by Talbot, Katherine Marlowe's right-hand man. Sully dies in Nate's arms, before Nate chases after Marlowe and Talbot. However, Nate is unable to catch up to them as they use an elevator to descend into the depths of Iram. Nate must first battle Marlowe's agents - who are now the "Djinn"; demons born of smokeless fire - before he makes his way down in the elevator in pursuit of Marlowe and Talbot. However, when Nate reaches the bottom of the elevator Talbot is there to spray him with a hallucinogenic agent.
Nate attempts to chase after Talbot, but as the agent takes effect, Talbot disappears and Nate finds himself back in Cartagena, Colombia. As Nate walks through the streets, a swarm of poisonous spiders begins chasing him, before the situation changes to young Nate's chase across the Colombia rooftops 20 years earlier. At the conclusion of the chase, young Nate becomes trapped on a rooftop and Sully approaches him with a gun. When Sully pulls the trigger, Nate is brought back to reality as he lies in the elevator. After making his way out of the elevator Nate must defeat more of the Djinn, before coming to a dry pool. After Nate has filled the pool with water, he notices a gold glow emitting from the centre of the pool; as Nate attempts to remove this gold glow, he is attacked by his reflection and thrown into the roof of the building containing the pool. Nate then wakes up, before advancing further into Iram, where he spots Talbot and Marlowe's agents. After declaring that it's "Time to play", Nate begins engaging Marlowe's agents in battle.
The Atlantis of the Sands features eight Treasures:
- The Carved Sabaean Face is in the room before the staircase leading to the room featuring the large statues and the entrance to Iram of the Pillars.
- The Royal Game of Ur is on a chandelier in the large statue room.
- The Bronze Sabaean Bull Sculpture is on a ledge below one of the platforms where Nathan "Nate" Drake uses a switch to open Iram's gate.
- The Bronze Man of Nashqum is at the dead-end on the left-hand side of the staircase after entering Iram.
- The Sabaean Alabaster Stele is in a building on the left-hand side of the right-hand side of the staircase after entering Iram.
- The Akkadian Statue Head is in a building on the right-hand side where Nate battles Marlowe's agents are Victor Sullivan is killed.
- The Sabaean Moon Symbol is behind Nate after he wakes up in the elevator after his flashback to Cartagena.
- The Statue of Gudea is on the left-hand side of the corridor after Nate wakes up after being attacked by his reflection.
 Behind the scenes
The Atlantis of the Sands is the nineteenth chapter of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, sharing its name with a track on the official soundtrack of the game. The Atlantis of the Sands is one of two chapters in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception to feature the lost city Iram of the Pillars, which serves as the inspiration for the City of Brass map in the game's multiplayer.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Uncharted 3 Walkthrough: Chapter 21 (Part 21/22)" on YouTube
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 "Uncharted 3 Treasure Locations: Chapter 21" on YouTube
- ↑ "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Track Listings" on Amazon