Nathan Drake and Charlie Cutter survey the fortress.
|Game||Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception|
|Preceded by||Stay in the Light|
|Succeeded by||The Middle Way|
The Citadel is the eighth chapter of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The chapter follows treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake and antique-dealer Victor "Sully" Sullivan as they make their way to a fortress in Syria in order to find their companions Chloe Frazer and Charlie Cutter.
After their exploits in a chateau in Eastern France, treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake and antique-dealer Victor "Sully" Sullivan make their way to a fortress in Syria in order to find their companions Chloe Frazer and Charlie Cutter. Nate and Sully believe Chloe and Cutter may have been followed to Syria by Marlowe's agents, and these fears are confirmed as Nate and Sully come across a number of agents as they make their way into the fortress. However, Nate and Sully are able to find Chloe and Cutter unscathed, and Cutter reveals a notebook that contains information about the secret order that Katherine Marlowe is the leader of. A Latin phrase in the notes reveals that the group need to make their way to the highest point of the fortress in order to find the location of the next clue to the location of the lost city Iram of the Pillars. Cutter has located the highest point of the fortress, but the group must first defeat a number of agents that block the entrance to the tower leading to the highest point. In the tower, the group must defeat several more agents, including a rather large agent that Nate engages in a fistfight, before they advance to the top of the tower.
At the top of the tower, Nate and Cutter use a map previously belonging to legendary explorer Sir Francis Drake to locate the location of the next clue, using the North Star as a waypoint. After this, the group are seen by agents, who begin firing at them using RPG-7s. The group attempt to run from the incoming fire for some time, before Nate responds with Dragon Sniper gunfire. The group are separated when Sully and Chloe are able to use a zipline before Nate and Cutter can. Nate and Cutter must then make their way across a courtyard teeming with agents, before they come to the location of the next clue to the location of Iram. However, this proves to be just another breadcrumb on the trail, and they must make their back across the courtyard. After defeating many more agents, Nate and Cutter are reunited with Sully and Chloe, and together they investigate a set of pillars that conceal the entrance to the tomb containing the second half of the amulet that reveals the location of Iram.
However, as they are investigating these pillars, Talbot appears, shooting Cutter in the neck with a dart containing a hallucinogenic agent. Under the influence of this drug, Cutter hands over his journal and gun to Talbot, and Talbot disappears before Nate, Sully and Chloe can catch him. Cutter then begins acting aggressively, not allowing any of his companions to touch him. However, shortly afterwards Chloe works out which pillar needs to be moved, before the group advance into the tomb.
The Citadel features seven Treasures:
- The Silver Sassanid Coin is over the right-hand side of the first walkway Nathan "Nate" Drake and Victor "Sully" Sullivan walk down.
- The Ancient Metal Elephant is on the corner of the building on the right-hand side after Nate and Sully have lowered the bridge near the start of the chapter.
- The Crusader Coin is in an alcove on the right-hand side after Nate has broken the first lock by shooting it.
- The Enamel Copper Vessel is at the back of the area after Nate has dropped down the well and defeated several agents.
- The Marble Double Eye Idol is on the building behind Nate after Sully has shot and broken the lock to let him out of a door.
- The Medieval Lead Horseman is on a window ledge on the first floor of the tower, after Nate and Charlie Cutter lift up the gate.
- The Byzantine Reliquary Cross is in the room after Nate and Cutter have defeated the agents in the courtyard and are preparing to meet up with Sully and Chloe Frazer.
 Behind the scenes
The Citadel is the eighth chapter of the 2011 video game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, with the Syrian fortress featured in this chapter serving as the inspiration for the Syria map in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Uncharted 3 Walkthrough: Chapter 8 (Part 8/22)" on YouTube
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 "Uncharted 3 Treasure Locations: Chapter 8" on YouTube