Nathan Drake climbing around the monastery.
|Game||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves|
The Monastery is the twenty-second chapter of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The chapter follows treasure-hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake and journalist Elena Fisher as they make their way through a soldier-infested monastery.
After fighting their way through many of Zoran Lazarević's soldiers in the previous chapter, Convoy, Nathan "Nate" Drake and his companion Elena Fisher find themselves in the monastery where Lazarević is holding Karl Schäfer hostage. Nate and Elena must fight their way through even more of Lazarević's soldiers in an effort to find Schäfer and catch up with Lazarević, who is now in control of the Phurba dagger, the apparent key to the lost city of Shambhala.
There are eight Treasures to collect in The Monastery:
- The Tibetan Silver Earring is at the top of the door at the start of the chapter, near Zoran Lazarević's trucks.
- The Ritual Crown is on the edge of the cliff to the right-hand side when Nathan "Nate" Drake first enters the monastery.
- The Silver Official Seal is on a wall near where Nate uses a turret gun.
- The Silver Offering Pot is on a rocky ledge after Nate sees Karl Schäfer being taken away by Lazarević.
- The Tibetan Turquoise Ring is on a ledge to the left of a door Nate and Elena Fisher have to go through.
- The Carved Wooden Ghurra is on a wall below a room where Nate and Elena exchange fire with a group of soldiers.
- The Bronze Tiger Bell is found after the the aforementioned firefight, on a rocky ledge away from the rest of the monastery.
- The Antique Bronze Lion is high up on the far wall of the room where Nate pulls a soldier over the edge of the cliff.
The Sanctuary, a map featured in the multiplayer component of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, seems to be based on the monastery seen in this chapter and the subsequent chapter Reunion. Furthermore, The Sanctuary, an option in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves multiplayer Co-op Objective gameplay mode, also seems to be based on the events of the aforementioned two chapters.
Naughty Dog based the monastery that is seen in The Monastery and subsequent chapters on the Tiger's Nest monastery in Bhutan in the eastern Himalayas. The idea of including the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves take on the monastery came about during the game's pre-production, and was one of the earliest ideas developed for the game.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Uncharted 2 treasure location guide page 3" (PDF) hosted on Play Magazine online
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 "Uncharted 2 treasure location guide page 4" (PDF) hosted on Play Magazine online
- ↑ "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Original Soundtrack from the Video Game)" on iTunes
- ↑ "Among Friends: How Naughty Dog Built Uncharted 2" on Eurogamer