The Sanctuary is a map included in the multiplayer component of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Largely based on the monastery that appears in the single-player story mode of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, The Sanctuary is a map dotted with towers that offer vantage points to players.
The teams spawn in two towers that are opposite each other on the map. Leaving these towers, players come across a large courtyard filled with debris. There are more large towers on either side of this courtyard, with platforms leading up to the towers and a partially-destroyed bridge connecting the two towers. The Sanctuary also features an underground cavern system, where close quarters combat is rife.
- FALs are located near both teams' spawn point.
- Two M4s can be found leaning against stone walls in the map's courtyard.
- Two Micro-9mms are located in the courtyard, both of top of wooden debris.
- Mk-NDI grenades are scattered around the map.
- Propane Tanks can be found in the courtyard.
- A Moss-12 shotgun is located in the large sheltered tower that is above the drop leading to the underground caverns.
- A Dragon Sniper can be found on the central bridge overlooking the courtyard.
- A Pistole is located in the centre of the underground caverns.
- One of the underground tunnels leads away from the main cavern to a ledge overlooking a large drop. An M32-Hammer can be found on this ledge.
 Behind the scenes
The Sanctuary seems to be mostly based on the monastery that appears in the single-player story mode of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The monastery can be seen in the chapters The Monastery, Reunion and The Road to Shambhala.