The Village (Uncharted 2: Among Thieves)
The Village is a map included in the multiplayer component of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Largely based on the Tibetan village seen in the single-player story mode of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, The Village offers the chance for close quarters combat, while also including several sniping positions for players.
The focal point of The Village is a central plaza that features a large wooden structure. This plaza is overlooked by two large towers, both of which offer vantage points of the map and possible sniping positions. Away from the plaza, the map is largely dominated by small houses and the rooftops of these houses, which offers a much more close quarters combat situation. A house at either end of the map is designated a particular team's spawn point. During the match, a tank bursts through a wall near the house that is generally designated the villain team's spawn point. The tank makes its way through the map, shooting anyone who comes into its sight.
- Several FALs can be found near both of the spawn points.
- A Moss-12 is also located near both the spawn points.
- Several Propane Tanks are located around the map, and one can be found near both spawn points.
- An M4 can be found near both spawn points, albeit further away than the FALs and Moss-12s. A third exists behind a barricade on a ledge bridging two stone buildings together, behind the map’s central building.
- A GAU-19 can be found between the two stone buildings on the opposite side of the central building, away from the central plaza.
- A Riot Shield is located inside the central building.
- Mk-NDI grenades can be found inside the central building and next to the large wooden structure in the central plaza.
- A Desert-5 is located on the roof of the most central building, facing the two towers and overlooking the central plaza.
- An M32-Hammer can be found inside the large wooden structure in the central plaza.
- Several Micro-9mms are located around the large wooden structure in the central plaza.
- A Dragon Sniper can be found on both of the two towers that overlook the central plaza.
- An RPG-7 is revealed after the tank’s appearance in a match. It is located in the wreckage of the wall that the tank bursts through.
 Behind the scenes
The Village largely seems to be based on the Tibetan village seen in the single-player story mode of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Tibetan village can be seen in the chapters Where Am I?, Siege and Cat and Mouse.
The Village was one of the first maps revealed to be in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, as it was one of the maps included in the beta phase of the game's multiplayer component; the other being The Plaza.